- Is it really FREE?
- What exchanges are covered by Fox Market Wire Real Time Quotes?
- Does Fox Market Wire RTQ cover Canadian exchanges?
- Does Fox Market Wire RTQ provide options and futures quotes?
- How do I retrieve an option quote?
- What is an option?
- How many real-time stock and option quotes am I entitled to?
- What will happen if I exceed the daily limit?
- Can I obtain multiple real-time quotes at once?
- Does Fox Market Wire provide real-time Portfolio tracking?
- What are the username and password requirements (parameters)?
- I can't remember my username and/or password. What do I do?
- What are "bid" and "ask"?
- What are "bidsize" and "asksize"?
- What are Fox Market Wire TipSheets and are they updated real-time?
- Why are Fox Market Wire TipSheets not available for certain companies?
- How do I get to Interactive Charting?
- What does the "Current Investment Ratings" section represent?
- Why am I getting an "access forbidden" message"?
- What browsers are best for viewing Fox Market Wire RTQ?
- Why do I keep getting returned to the login screen after I type in my username and password?
- Who should I contact if I have a question that isn't answered here?
Is it really FREE?
Yes, Fox Market Wire Real Time Quotes provided by Thomson Investors Network are free and no fees or hidden charges are involved.
What exchanges are covered by Fox Market Wire Real Time Quotes?
Real-time Equity quotes on AMEX, NASDAQ, and NYSE are provided.
Does Fox Market Wire RTQ cover Canadian exchanges?
We do not cover Canadian Exchanges at this time.
Does Fox Market Wire RTQ provide options and futures quotes?
Fox Market Wire RTQ does provide options quotes, but not futures quotes. Option quotes are delivered on a real-time basis.
How do I retrieve an option quote?
Choose the "options" link within Real Time Quotes. This will take you to the options page. At this point you need to enter either a ticker symbol or the exact options symbol (if you already know it). If you type in the ticker symbol, you will be presented with a list of option ticker symbols. You may click on any one of those symbols or you may type it in the ticker box and click "go."
What is an option?
A stock option is a contract which represents the right to buy or sell shares of the underlying security. Purchasing a stock option contract signifies that you have the option to buy or sell, but does not obligate you to purchase or sell actual shares of the underlying stock.
How many real-time stock and option quotes am I entitled to?
As a member of Fox Market Wire RTQ, you are entitled to receive up to 100 free real-time stock and option quotes per day.
What will happen if I exceed the daily limit of real-time stock and option quotes?
When you reach your daily limit, a message will appear on your screen saying that you have exceeded your daily quota, but don't forget as a Fox Market Wire RTQ member you can obtain unlimited 20 minute delayed quotes in the Stocks and Funds sections.
Can I obtain multiple real-time quotes at once?
This feature is not offered at this time.
Does Fox Market Wire provide real-time Portfolio tracking?
Portfolio tracking is available, but not on a real-time basis. To create or access your portfolio, click on "Your Portfolio" from the top menu.
What are the username and password requirements (parameters)?
Each individual is required by the exchanges to undergo a brief registration process to obtain access to Fox Market Wire RTQ. During this process, we ask that you provide us with a unique username that is 6 -10 characters in length and a password that is 6 - 8 characters. Please be aware that your username and password are CaSe SeNsItiVe and will be requested each time you visit the site. For example, if your username is RSmith, you must type it exactly as above with the letters R and S in uppercase. When you register with us, you will receive an e-mail confirming your username and password. We suggest that you save that e-mail message for your records.
I can't remember my username and/or password. What do I do?
You may retrieve your lost or forgotten username/password by providing us with some identifying information. To do so, click here.
What are "bid" and "ask"?
"Bid" is the price at which the current buyer quoted on the board wishes to purchase the security. "Ask" is the price at which the current seller quoted on the board wishes to sell the security.
What are "bidsize" and "asksize"?
"Bidsize" is the volume of shares that the current buyer quoted on the board wishes to buy. "Asksize" is the volume of shares that the current seller quoted on the board wishes to sell. The "bidsize" and "asksize" are displayed in 100s(hundreds). For instance if the bidsize for a particular stock is 30, the number is
What are TipSheets and are they updated real-time?
TipSheets contain a snapshot of a company�s financial condition and performance. The data (intraday charts etc.) are not in real time.
Why are TipSheets not available for certain companies?
In some cases, mostly with smaller companies, we are unable to generate a full tipsheet because complete data sets are not available.
How do I get to Interactive Charting?
Choose the interactive chart link located on the left navigation bar under "stock". This will take you to a default interactive chart. Enter the ticker that you wish to chart where it says "Enter Ticker" and click "go."
What does the "Current Investment Ratings" section represent?
- First Call Analysis Consensus & Trend provides you with First Call�s proprietary analyst consensus ranking based on a five point scale (1=buy, 3 =hold, 5 =sell), calculated using the arithmetic mean of all contributing analysts� quarterly and annual estimated earnings. The trend of the analyst consensus is highlighted by an arrow pointing up or down.
- Innovest Quantitative Analytics identifies 46 trading patterns, ten trend and group persistence levels, along with 324 conditions surrounding the patterns that are used as the basis for issuing buy, sell or hold ratings.
- CDA/Investnet Insider Trend Index assigns an integer score to insider trading activity as recorded by the SEC. The score is the delta of the buying and selling activity in a company over the past 90 days. A score of +4 or above renders a very positive rating; +2 or 3 = positive; +1, 0, or �1 = neutral or inactive; -2 or �3 =negative; -4 or below = very negative. The logic adjusts for cap size, so the bigger the company the more total transactions. (Note: Information maybe delayed as insiders are not required to file their trades with the SEC until the 10th of the month following the activity).
Why am I getting an "access forbidden" message?
You will receive this message when your browser is not set to accept cookies. To ensure smooth access, please be sure that you enable your browser to accept cookies.
What browsers are best for viewing Fox Market Wire RTQ?
Our site is best viewed with versions of Netscape 3.01 or higher and Internet Explorer 3.0 or higher. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest available version of either browser.
Why do I keep getting returned to the login screen after I type in my username and password?
If you are using a preview version of Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 4.0, you may encounter this problem. To remedy this, you will need to download the most current non-preview version of Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 4.0. Also, please be sure that you do not disable cookies in your browser.
Who should I contact if I have a question that isn't answered here?
You may contact our customer service department at Foxmarketwire@thomsoninvest.net.